Ep 20: Check Those Feelings
Megan Arey, AAS, CPDT-KA, CGC Evaluator Owner & Trainer talks with you today about how to check your dog’s feelings! Yes, dogs do have feelings and emotions that science has proven are a motivator that influences their behaviors. She will give you tips and tricks to help you retrain your dog’s responses to certain triggers in its environment. Megan urges all dog guardians to invest time and gain knowledge in understanding your dog so that you can have the best relationship to help cultivate a safe and trusting learning environment to help your dog survive living in our crazy human world!
The Dog Owners Guide Podcast: Check Those Feelings
Topics discussed in this episode:
- How to use a dog’s feelings to your advantage when it comes to behavior
- The science behind behaviors
- The difference between operant conditioning and classical conditioning
- Involuntary vs. voluntary responses
- Tips for retraining your dog’s feelings about a situation or thing through classical conditioning
Resources and Links:
- Visit our Inspire K-9’s website & see the most up-to-date class schedules.
- Join our Inspire K-9’s Facebook group today! We’d love to have you!
Mike Shikashio’s Workshop:
To learn more about Mike and what he does, visit his website AgressiveDog.com
This workshop will run on October 29th and 30th, 2022 from 9 am-5 pm on both Saturday and Sunday. Lunch IS included! The ticket cost is just $300.00! We are so excited for you to join us for this AMAZING opportunity!!