EP 17: Canine Teenagers: Socializing Dog to Dog
Megan Arey, AAS, CPDT-KA, CGC Evaluator Owner & Trainer talks today about Canine adolescents!
Do you ever wonder what happened to that perfect little puppy you brought home, or do you have an adolescent dog that you’re not sure how to socialize? If you’ve answered yes, then you’re in the right place today because we’re going to talk about all the changes your puppy will go through and how to find the right dogs to socialize with. Megan talks through some helpful tips to help you navigate this stage of your puppy’s life so we can make sure that we’re setting them up to be the most successful dog that they can be, once they’ve worked through this adolescent stage. If this is something you struggle with, then this is an episode you don’t want to miss!
The Dog Owners Guide Podcast: Canine Teenagers: Socializing Dog to Dog
We discuss topics such as:
- Last impacts of negative play experiences during adolescents
- Setting your puppy up for success
- Why other dogs may start to treat your dog differently as they grow into adolescents
- When your young adolescent puppy starts to test the boundaries of appropriateness when interacting with other dogs
- Finding appropriate play dogs
- Avoiding the wrong playmates
- Tips on preventing your adolescent dog from making poor decisions during play
Resources and Links:
Visit our Inspire K-9’s website & see the most up-to-date class schedules.
Join our Inspire K-9’s Facebook group today! We’d love to have you!
Mike Shikashio’s Workshop:
To learn more about Mike and what he does, visit his website AgressiveDog.com
This workshop will run from 9 am-5pm on both Saturday and Sunday. Lunch IS included! The ticket cost is just $300.00! We are so excited for you to join us for this AMAZING opportunity!!
Click here to reserve your spot OR you can email us at: [email protected] for more information!
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!