Megan Arey, AAS, CPDT-KA, CGC Evaluator Owner & Trainer talks with you about things to know before you pick a puppy from a breeder litter or rescue, either for your family, yourself, or a hobby. She deep dives into questions to ask, things to look for & some tips for breeders on exposing their litters to different situations & stimuli to test temperament allowing them to pair puppies with the best owners for their needs & help them be the most well-rounded dogs as they grow into adulthood. So, get out your pens & notepads & come alongside Megan as she gives you great tips about the things that you wish you had known, but didn’t know before you get a puppy.
The Dog Owners Guide Podcast: How to Pick the best Puppy for Your Family
We talk about
- Researching dog breeds
- Checking for health & history
- Socializing puppies
- Going to the breeder or rescue to select your puppy
- Questions to ask your breeder or rescue
- What to let your breeder know when you’re looking for specific personality traits
- Things to look in the puppies, based on what you’re looking for when you meet the litter for the first time
Resources and Links:
To learn more about Inspire K9s or to see our latest class schedule visit our website here.
CHIC- Canine Health Information Center: Click here to visit their website.
Puppy Culture: Click here to visit their website.
Join our FB group here to get the most up-to-date information from Inspire K9s.