Megan Arey, AAS, CPDT-KA, CGC Evaluator Owner and Trainer talks today about the importance of Expectations! Realistic, Unrealistic, and Assumed. Learn from Megan as she touches on last week’s episode, “How To Train The Dog In Front Of You”, and then shares how to set realistic expectations that will set you and your dog up for success in the future. Megan will also deep dive into the key differences between each type of expectation, how you can have a different mindset when it comes to setting them, and challenges you to make your goals, evaluate those goals and make sure these are goals that you and your dog are capable of meeting. And if not, that’s okay too! She will discuss the different avenues you can take to help you evaluate ways to make it capable and evaluate options to help set expectations to set your dog up for success! You won’t want to miss this episode!
The Dog Owners Guide Podcast: Expectations! Realistic, Unrealistic, and Assumed!
We discuss topics such as:
- What are expectations?
- What can we put on our dogs?
- What can we not put on our dogs?
- What is realistic?
- What is unrealistic and how can humans evaluate that?
- Do dogs think like humans?
- What behaviors are you reinforcing that may have allowed your dogs’ behavior not to meet your expectations?
- How do dogs like to learn and think?
- When is it right to put expectations on our dogs?
- Do dogs have expectations?
Resources and Links:
If you’re interested in classes or learning more about Inspire K9’s please visit our website here.
Join our Inspire K-9’s Facebook group today! We’d love to have you!