Megan Arey, AAS, CPDT-KA, CGC Evaluator Owner & Trainer talks today about what is REALLY going on when your dog “checks out” during training! Megan will deep dive into why our dogs do this and what we can do to help them. If your dog tends to wander during your training classes, you’re not alone! This episode will help you learn how to stay consistent in reinforcement so you can set your dog up for long-term success!
The Dog Owners Guide Podcast: What Is Really Happening When Your Dog “Checks Out”?
Topics discussed in this episode:
- The factors that can feed into your dog “checking out”
- Reinforcement and why it’s so important
- Centering Behavior on core motor skills to set your dog up for success
- What it looks like when your dog is checking out
- Tips on helping you stay consistent in reinforcing your dog
Resources and Links:
- Visit our Inspire K-9’s website & see the most up-to-date class schedules.
- Join our Inspire K-9’s Facebook group today! We’d love to have you!
Mike Shikashio’s Workshop:
To learn more about Mike and what he does, visit his website AgressiveDog.com
This workshop will run from 9 am-5pm on both Saturday and Sunday. Lunch IS included! The ticket cost is just $300.00! We are so excited for you to join us for this AMAZING opportunity!!